[App_rpt] app_rpt setup and requirements.
eric.fort at gmail.com
Sun Oct 8 22:11:10 EDT 2006
Hopefully those on the list can answer a few questions about getting app_rpt
setup and what is really required.
1. why is the arib needed and what exactly does it do?
2. Why do I need 2 fxs ports for full duplex operation? my phone is full
duplex when plugged into the same port why can't the audio for the radio
be? Come to think of it I can buy a little phone with a headset jack for
next to nothing and have seperate tx (mike) and rx (speaker) audio. this
just takes a 2 to 4 wire hybrid common to most phones. why do I need the
arib at all?
3. Why do I need the arib at all?
4. is the rbi-1 really needed? what function does it serve? I've seen
mention of using an ft-897 directly without it. How is this done? why hf
only for the 897 when the 897 covers hf, 6m, 2m, and 440?
5. what about interfacing other radios used for repeaters such as micor,
Eric - kg6kqt
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the App_rpt-users