[App_rpt-users] DTMF codes to activate function

Bob Brown - NØEUH bbrown at byrg.net
Tue May 26 18:50:50 EDT 2009


Hi All
Makes sense to me as well, i had a few 500 series macros set up to connect
most commoly used nodes/destinations on the fly and ran into the same issue

now i know what to do to fix it..... thanks again


--
Thanks in Advance

  Bob Brown, NØEUH

  Kansas City Metro Area

  http://sm0kenet.net

  http://byrg.net

  http://kcdstar.byrg.net

Frank Lloyd Wright<http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/f/frank_lloyd_wright.html>
- "TV is chewing gum for the eyes."

On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 15:15, Jim Duuuude <telesistant at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Its not a bug. Its not a shortcomming. Its a well-defined lookup table,
> concisely stated. If you specify a 2 digit function, thats it. no more
> functions with 3 or more digits
> starting with the same 2 digits as the 2 digit function.
>
> Jim WB6NIL
>
> ------------------------------
> Date: Tue, 26 May 2009 15:05:53 -0700
> From: nessenj at jimsoffice.org
> To: g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
> CC: app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] DTMF codes to activate function
>
>
> I found that doing this helps:
>
> 941 = cop,something
> 942 = cop,something else
> 943 = cop,foo
> 94 = cop,do something now
>
> Jim K6JWN
>
> On Tue, May 26, 2009 at 2:21 PM, Matt Beasant <g4rky at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Just as a heads up to anyone new reading this and learning about app_rpt
> and also as a question to the more experienced node owners out there, I have
> noticed a little niggle with the DTMF tone sequences used to activate
> functions on app_rpt.
>
> Here's the scenario:
>
> In my rpt.conf I have a function:
>
> 94 = cop,something or other
>
> All is fine until I try and add a command 941 to do something else.
>
> The new code wont work and app_rpt seems to ignore the extra digit on the
> end and just activates the function that is associated with the code 94.
>
> I'm not sure if this is really a bug or not but it certainly had me teased
> for a good few hours recently when I was adding some new functions to my
> node.
>
> I was expecting code 941 to work but it just wasnt - I was testing a new
> feature which had been added and I wasnt sure if I had busted the feature or
> something else had gone wrong!
>
> I changed the code to 95 and all worked as expected!
>
> Just something to be aware of really I guess unless its an easy fix for the
> app?
>
> Cheers,
>
> Matt
> G4RKY
> Node 2250
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
>
>
> --
> Jim Nessen K6JWN
> Email: nessenj at jimsoffice.org | Ph: 530.979.0894
> IRLP: Nodes 3598 and 3633 | Echolink: 83598 K6JWN-R | AllStar: Nodes 2142
> and 2165
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20090526/b6b7aecc/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list