[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2

Neil Addis (WA5JXY) wa5jxy at gmail.com
Sun May 2 21:06:20 EDT 2010


On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 3:44 PM,  <app_rpt-users-request at qrvc.com> wrote:
> Send App_rpt-users mailing list submissions to
>        app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>        http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>        app_rpt-users-request at qrvc.com
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
>        app_rpt-users-owner at qrvc.com
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of App_rpt-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>   1. Re: Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (Jim Duuuude)
>   2. Re: App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1 (Neil Addis (WA5JXY))
>   3. Re: Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (Steve Gladden)
>   4. Iax_Rpt on Windows (Ken)
>   5. Re: Iax_Rpt on Windows (Bob Brown - W?NQX)
>   6. Re: Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (Tony Langdon, VK3JED)
>   7. Re: Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (Steve Gladden)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 09:43:04 -0700
> From: Jim Duuuude <telesistant at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
> To: <g4rky at yahoo.co.uk>, app_rpt mailing list <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Message-ID: <BAY119-W414B3DA8F06D1D29737AD7B1F10 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> "They" (who in the heck are "they", anyway??) say that its *supposed*
> to work under Linux, but I do not know that from personal experience.
>
> JIM "anti-gui" DIXON, WB6NIL
>
>
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:46:06 +0100
> From: g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
> To: App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
>
> also,
> anyone know of a Linux version of IAX_rpt?
> I tried using it under wine on Ubunutu but cant get any audio in/out....
> 73,
> Matt
>
> On 2 May 2010 12:28, REDBUTTON_CTRL <jrorke at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>
> Hi, Anyone know if IAX_Rpt works on windows 7 64 bit?
>
>
>
> Thanks,
>
> Jon VA3RQ
>
> _______________________________________________
>
> App_rpt-users mailing list
>
> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>
> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://qrvc.com/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20100502/11f1783e/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 11:18:55 -0600
> From: "Neil Addis (WA5JXY)" <wa5jxy at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1
> To: app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> Message-ID:
>        <s2h1a2a8f671005021018h35eb923i6c319135c27a0969 at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 10:00 AM,  <app_rpt-users-request at qrvc.com> wrote:
>> Send App_rpt-users mailing list submissions to
>> ? ? ? ?app_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>>
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>> ? ? ? ?http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>> ? ? ? ?app_rpt-users-request at qrvc.com
>>
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>> ? ? ? ?app_rpt-users-owner at qrvc.com
>>
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of App_rpt-users digest..."
>>
>>
>> Today's Topics:
>>
>> ? 1. Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (REDBUTTON_CTRL)
>> ? 2. Re: Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit (Matt Beasant)
>>
>>
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 02 May 2010 07:28:39 -0400
>> From: REDBUTTON_CTRL <jrorke at cogeco.ca>
>> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
>> To: APP_RPT_Users <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
>> Message-ID: <4BDD61E7.7010007 at cogeco.ca>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>>
>> Hi, Anyone know if IAX_Rpt works on windows 7 64 bit?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jon VA3RQ
>>
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 12:46:06 +0100
>> From: Matt Beasant <g4rky at yahoo.co.uk>
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
>> To: app_rpt <App_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
>> Message-ID:
>> ? ? ? ?<AANLkTimVCiVKxzooYs-KT9jo1x6m71m9-lumzxyGTOOT at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>>
>> also,
>>
>> anyone know of a Linux version of IAX_rpt?
>>
>> I tried using it under wine on Ubunutu but cant get any audio in/out....
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Matt
>>
>> On 2 May 2010 12:28, REDBUTTON_CTRL <jrorke at cogeco.ca> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Anyone know if IAX_Rpt works on windows 7 64 bit?
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jon VA3RQ
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>>> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>>> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>>
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: http://qrvc.com/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20100502/d8567387/attachment-0001.html
>>
>> ------------------------------
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>>
>> End of App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 1
>> ********************************************
>>
>
> I run IAXRPT in WINE on a Ubuntu PC and it works great!
>
> Neil
> WA5JXY
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:10:29 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Steve Gladden" <steve at michiganbroadband.com>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
> To: jrorke at cogeco.ca
> Cc: APP_RPT_Users <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Message-ID:
>        <32922.98.250.154.100.1272827429.squirrel at iridium7.michiganbroadband.com>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
> It's worked fine for me on win7/64 and Vista/64..
>
> Other than the usual crash on exit that I've always seen also on XP/32.
>
> -Steve
>
>
>
>
>> Hi, Anyone know if IAX_Rpt works on windows 7 64 bit?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jon VA3RQ
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>> --
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>> believed to be clean.
>>
>
>
> Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.
> "Always Connected"
>
> (734)527-7150
>
> Steve's cellphone: (734)904-1811
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 16:12:29 -0400
> From: "Ken" <ke2n at cs.com>
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] Iax_Rpt on Windows
> To: <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Message-ID: <005a01caea33$ca7d6e50$5f784af0$@com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"
>
> Two months ago I tried IAX_rpt with my asterisk setup and found that the
> on-the-air transmit level was way too low, no matter what I did at the GUI
> client end (Windows XP).  A friend of mine tried it on his computer and got
> the same result. (The current version 1.1.27).
>
>
>
> The bar graph for the microphone level seems way too high for the audio
> input, compared with other programs. The output bar graph seems to track the
> repeater's audio, but the sound level being produced is low (again, compared
> with other programs).  It's as if there is some fundamental scaling error in
> the audio processing in IAX_rtp. I am wondering if other people are seeing
> this. Or saw it and fixed it.
>
>
>
> Posting something here resulted in a suggestion to post my observation at
> the Xeletec web site - which I did - but after 8 weeks - no answer from
> anyone over there.  In fact, no one is posting anything new over there at
> all.
>
>
>
> It's a nice tool but, in my experience, it's unusable due to bad audio
> levels.
>
>
>
> Ken
>
> KE2N
>
> Allstar 27021/27061
>
>
>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://qrvc.com/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20100502/ae216e8e/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 15:26:57 -0500
> From: Bob Brown - W?NQX <bbrown at byrg.net>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Iax_Rpt on Windows
> To: app_rpt users list <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Message-ID:
>        <w2p358e96271005021326t141bcb2ajbcbaf2462827b83e at mail.gmail.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"
>
> been using it on a windows7 netbook box just fine
>
> with no ill effect.... i did use the netbook audio mgr to reset my mic
> levels to taste though, and i have used a USB headset too with no problems.
>
> and i agree about the Xeletec web site,  have not seen much activity over
> there either.
>
> i also know if you go in to the IAX  application settings and set your audio
> device to the device your hardware is using helps in getting the right
> settings too. i belive IAX uses "default" settings on start up.
>
> although most of the time i end up on my IP phone instead of tying up the pc
> with IAX traffic.
>
> But it is great in office or hotel settings where you want to check in
> without a radio.
>
> --
> Thanks in Advance
>
>  Bob Brown, W?NQX
>
>  Kansas City Metro Area
>
>  http://sm0kenet.net
>
>  http://byrg.net
>
>  http://kcdstar.byrg.net
>
>
> Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
>
>
>
> On Sun, May 2, 2010 at 15:12, Ken <ke2n at cs.com> wrote:
>
>>  Two months ago I tried IAX_rpt with my asterisk setup and found that the
>> on-the-air transmit level was way too low, no matter what I did at the GUI
>> client end (Windows XP).  A friend of mine tried it on his computer and got
>> the same result. (The current version 1.1.27).
>>
>>
>>
>> The bar graph for the microphone level seems way too high for the audio
>> input, compared with other programs. The output bar graph seems to track the
>> repeater?s audio, but the sound level being produced is low (again, compared
>> with other programs).  It?s as if there is some fundamental scaling error in
>> the audio processing in IAX_rtp. I am wondering if other people are seeing
>> this. Or saw it and fixed it.
>>
>>
>>
>> Posting something here resulted in a suggestion to post my observation at
>> the Xeletec web site ? which I did ? but after 8 weeks - no answer from
>> anyone over there.  In fact, no one is posting anything new over there at
>> all.
>>
>>
>>
>> It?s a nice tool but, in my experience, it?s unusable due to bad audio
>> levels.
>>
>>
>>
>> Ken
>>
>> KE2N
>>
>> Allstar 27021/27061
>>
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>>
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL: http://qrvc.com/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20100502/6b4327dd/attachment-0001.html
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Mon, 03 May 2010 06:29:55 +1000
> From: "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed at vkradio.com>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
> To: Jim Duuuude <telesistant at hotmail.com>,<g4rky at yahoo.co.uk>,  app_rpt
>        mailing list <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>
> Message-ID: <4bdde0dd.2104720a.3590.289a at mx.google.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="us-ascii"; format=flowed
>
> At 02:43 AM 5/3/2010, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>>"They" (who in the heck are "they", anyway??) say that its *supposed*
>>to work under Linux, but I do not know that from personal experience.
>
> Works fine in my experience.  I have run it under WINE on my Linux
> EeePC 900, which is running the stock Xandros distro.  My WINE
> version is probably around 2 years old.  I setup an icon on the
> desktop that loads WINE and Iax_rpt.
>
> I have to run it on my Linux box, because I use IaxComm on my Windows
> box (for my VoIP service), and IaxComm won't coexist with IaxRpt. :)
>
>
>>JIM "anti-gui" DIXON, WB6NIL
>
> Hehe, I'm a horses for courses guy.  GUIs have a place, though for me
> that place is not on servers.  Desktops, yep, but even there I still
> want a decent command shell. :)
>
> 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
> http://vkradio.com
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 7
> Date: Sun, 2 May 2010 17:28:53 -0400 (EDT)
> From: "Steve Gladden" <steve at michiganbroadband.com>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] Re Iax_Rpt on Windows 64 bit
> To: "Tony Langdon, VK3JED" <vk3jed at vkradio.com>
> Cc: app_rpt mailing list <app_rpt-users at qrvc.com>, g4rky at yahoo.co.uk
> Message-ID:
>        <1202.98.250.154.100.1272835733.squirrel at iridium7.michiganbroadband.com>
>
> Content-Type: text/plain;charset=iso-8859-1
>
> Guis are nice when the work.
> Command shells are nice all the time.
>
> I like sererws to work.. all the time ;)
>
> -Steve
>
>
>
>
>
>
>> At 02:43 AM 5/3/2010, Jim Duuuude wrote:
>>>"They" (who in the heck are "they", anyway??) say that its *supposed*
>>>to work under Linux, but I do not know that from personal experience.
>>
>> Works fine in my experience.  I have run it under WINE on my Linux
>> EeePC 900, which is running the stock Xandros distro.  My WINE
>> version is probably around 2 years old.  I setup an icon on the
>> desktop that loads WINE and Iax_rpt.
>>
>> I have to run it on my Linux box, because I use IaxComm on my Windows
>> box (for my VoIP service), and IaxComm won't coexist with IaxRpt. :)
>>
>>
>>>JIM "anti-gui" DIXON, WB6NIL
>>
>> Hehe, I'm a horses for courses guy.  GUIs have a place, though for me
>> that place is not on servers.  Desktops, yep, but even there I still
>> want a decent command shell. :)
>>
>> 73 de VK3JED / VK3IRL
>> http://vkradio.com
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
>> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>> --
>> This message has been scanned for viruses and
>> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
>> believed to be clean.
>>
>
>
> Michigan Broadband Systems Inc.
> "Always Connected"
>
> (734)527-7150
>
> Steve's cellphone: (734)904-1811
>
>
> --
> This message has been scanned for viruses and
> dangerous content by MailScanner, and is
> believed to be clean.
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at qrvc.com
> http://qrvc.com/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
> End of App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 15, Issue 2
> ********************************************
>

Don't forget to turn on the microphone boost.
This has been discussed several times in this forum.

Neil
WA5JXY



More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list