[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 7

Ken Page vk4akp at yahoo.com.au
Sun May 15 01:12:27 EDT 2011


Hi Guys!

Any chance of getting some Speex and Codec2 support into the project?

This would allow All_Star nodes to go digital in area's where there is 
interest.

People in my area have been playing with radio's interfaced via sound 
card software and there is some talk of a hardware project for mobile 
operation.

Would be nice to get in at the cutting edge of this. Potentially 
All_Star could give D-Star a big run for it's money as the preferred 
alternative for digital voice as there is a lot of controversy  over 
D-Star's commercial vocoder and the reason why most avoid it and are 
looking towards Speex & Codec2 instead.

See: http://www.rowetel.com/blog/?page_id=452 & http://codec2.org/


Regards,
Ken - vk4akp
.-.-.


On 5/15/2011 9:12 AM, app_rpt-users-request at ohnosec.org wrote:
> Send App_rpt-users mailing list submissions to
> 	app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>
> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
> 	http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
> 	app_rpt-users-request at ohnosec.org
>
> You can reach the person managing the list at
> 	app_rpt-users-owner at ohnosec.org
>
> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
> than "Re: Contents of App_rpt-users digest..."
>
>
> Today's Topics:
>
>     1. ACCESS (k8khw)
>     2. Re: ACCESS (Jim Duuuude)
>     3. re broken node after upgrade (REDBUTTON_CTRL)
>     4. Re: re broken node after upgrade (Jim Duuuude)
>     5. Re: re broken node after upgrade
>        (=?utf-8?B?a3Q5YWNAYW1lcml0ZWNoLm5ldA==?=)
>     6. Re: re broken node after upgrade (Jim Duuuude)
>
>
> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>
> Message: 1
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 13:43:37 -0400
> From: "k8khw"<k8khw at att.net>
> To:<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] ACCESS
> Message-ID:<43DE27C9F54C40AC9C660EA07BD9C335 at Office>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
> Where do I change the ACCESS settings within
> Asterisk , Acid version.
>
>                                                  Randy
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:<http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20110514/203d7b83/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 2
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 11:00:43 -0700
> From: Jim Duuuude<telesistant at hotmail.com>
> To:<k8khw at att.net>, app_rpt mailing list<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] ACCESS
> Message-ID:<BLU155-w47E70E000B5016EF91DD7DB18B0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> what exactly do you mean by "access settings" ??
>
> JIM WB6NIL
>
> From: k8khw at att.net
> To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 13:43:37 -0400
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] ACCESS
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
> Where do I change the ACCESS settings within
>
> Asterisk , Acid version.
>
>
> Randy
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users 		 	   		
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:<http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20110514/a0df7044/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 3
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:01:47 -0400
> From: REDBUTTON_CTRL<jrorke at cogeco.ca>
> To: APP_RPT_Users<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> Message-ID:<4DCEFBCB.4030709 at cogeco.ca>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=ISO-8859-1; format=flowed
>
> HI I had an older node that had app_rpt version 0.254. I went to upgrade
> and now it doesnt work.
>
> the console commands dont work either.
>
> Here is the o/p after the final recompile:
>
>      [CC] app_random.c ->  app_random.o
>      [CC] app_read.c ->  app_read.o
>      [CC] app_readfile.c ->  app_readfile.o
>      [CC] app_realtime.c ->  app_realtime.o
>      [CC] app_record.c ->  app_record.o
>      [CC] app_rpt.c ->  app_rpt.o
> app_rpt.c:528:24: error: mdc_decode.c: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [app_rpt.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/apps'
> make[1]: *** [apps] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk'
> make: [upgrade-acid] Error 2 (ignored)
> mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt
> cp -a sounds/* /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
> [root at AST_2378_WAJ astsrc]#
>
> I upgrade the node with the following :
>
> cd /usr/src
> rm -rf astsrc
> wget http://x.allstarlink.org/svn-trunk.tar.gz -O- | tar xzv
> mv trunk astsrc
> cd astsrc
> make upgrade-acid
>
> any ideas?
>
> Jon VA3RQ
>
>
>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 4
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 15:57:15 -0700
> From: Jim Duuuude<telesistant at hotmail.com>
> To:<jrorke at cogeco.ca>, app_rpt mailing list
> 	<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> Message-ID:<BLU155-W658FEEAFDCC4B42CFB325EB18B0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> Try it  after 16:15 PDT (after the SVN updates)... sorry
>
> JIM WB6NIL
>
>> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:01:47 -0400
>> From: jrorke at cogeco.ca
>> To: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>> Subject: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
>>
>> HI I had an older node that had app_rpt version 0.254. I went to upgrade
>> and now it doesnt work.
>>
>> the console commands dont work either.
>>
>> Here is the o/p after the final recompile:
>>
>>      [CC] app_random.c ->  app_random.o
>>      [CC] app_read.c ->  app_read.o
>>      [CC] app_readfile.c ->  app_readfile.o
>>      [CC] app_realtime.c ->  app_realtime.o
>>      [CC] app_record.c ->  app_record.o
>>      [CC] app_rpt.c ->  app_rpt.o
>> app_rpt.c:528:24: error: mdc_decode.c: No such file or directory
>> make[2]: *** [app_rpt.o] Error 1
>> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
>> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/apps'
>> make[1]: *** [apps] Error 2
>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk'
>> make: [upgrade-acid] Error 2 (ignored)
>> mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt
>> cp -a sounds/* /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
>> [root at AST_2378_WAJ astsrc]#
>>
>> I upgrade the node with the following :
>>
>> cd /usr/src
>> rm -rf astsrc
>> wget http://x.allstarlink.org/svn-trunk.tar.gz -O- | tar xzv
>> mv trunk astsrc
>> cd astsrc
>> make upgrade-acid
>>
>> any ideas?
>>
>> Jon VA3RQ
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>   		 	   		
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:<http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20110514/9a34acfb/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 5
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:00:37 -0500
> From: "=?utf-8?B?a3Q5YWNAYW1lcml0ZWNoLm5ldA==?="<kt9ac at ameritech.net>
> To: "=?utf-8?B?UkVEQlVUVE9OX0NUUkw=?="<jrorke at cogeco.ca>,
> 	"=?utf-8?B?QVBQX1JQVF9Vc2Vycw==?="<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> Message-ID:<495904.21100.qm at smtp101.sbc.mail.bf1.yahoo.com>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>
> You need to copy the mdc1200 encode and decode libraries back into the app directory, its looking for mdc_decode.c per the error message.
>
> ----- Reply message -----
> From: "REDBUTTON_CTRL"<jrorke at cogeco.ca>
> Date: Sat, May 14, 2011 5:01 pm
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> To: "APP_RPT_Users"<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
>
> HI I had an older node that had app_rpt version 0.254. I went to upgrade and now it doesnt work.
>
> the console commands dont work either.
>
> Here is the o/p after the final recompile:
>
>     [CC] app_random.c ->  app_random.o
>     [CC] app_read.c ->  app_read.o
>     [CC] app_readfile.c ->  app_readfile.o
>     [CC] app_realtime.c ->  app_realtime.o
>     [CC] app_record.c ->  app_record.o
>     [CC] app_rpt.c ->  app_rpt.o
> app_rpt.c:528:24: error: mdc_decode.c: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [app_rpt.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/apps'
> make[1]: *** [apps] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk'
> make: [upgrade-acid] Error 2 (ignored)
> mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt
> cp -a sounds/* /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
> [root at AST_2378_WAJ astsrc]#
>
> I upgrade the node with the following :
>
> cd /usr/src
> rm -rf astsrc
> wget http://x.allstarlink.org/svn-trunk.tar.gz -O- | tar xzv
> mv trunk astsrc
> cd astsrc
> make upgrade-acid
>
> any ideas?
>
> Jon VA3RQ
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:<http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20110514/30a681aa/attachment-0001.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> Message: 6
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 16:12:51 -0700
> From: Jim Duuuude<telesistant at hotmail.com>
> To:<kt9ac at ameritech.net>,<jrorke at cogeco.ca>, app_rpt mailing list
> 	<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> Message-ID:<BLU155-w60EB4636B5C19C03EC8C18B18B0 at phx.gbl>
> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1"
>
>
> but he doesnt want mdc-1200.. I accidentally committed a version of the source that had
> that included by default
>
> JIM
>
> To: jrorke at cogeco.ca; app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> From: kt9ac at ameritech.net
> Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:00:37 -0500
> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
>
> You need to copy the mdc1200 encode and decode libraries back into the app directory, its looking for mdc_decode.c per the error message.
>
> ----- Reply message -----
> From: "REDBUTTON_CTRL"<jrorke at cogeco.ca>
> Date: Sat, May 14, 2011 5:01 pm
> Subject: [App_rpt-users] re broken node after upgrade
> To: "APP_RPT_Users"<app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org>
>
> HI I had an older node that had app_rpt version 0.254. I went to upgrade and now it doesnt work.
>
> the console commands dont work either.
>
> Here is the o/p after the final recompile:
>
>     [CC] app_random.c ->  app_random.o
>     [CC] app_read.c ->  app_read.o
>     [CC] app_readfile.c ->  app_readfile.o
>     [CC] app_realtime.c ->  app_realtime.o
>     [CC] app_record.c ->  app_record.o
>     [CC] app_rpt.c ->  app_rpt.o
> app_rpt.c:528:24: error: mdc_decode.c: No such file or directory
> make[2]: *** [app_rpt.o] Error 1
> make[2]: *** Waiting for unfinished jobs....
> make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk/apps'
> make[1]: *** [apps] Error 2
> make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/astsrc/asterisk'
> make: [upgrade-acid] Error 2 (ignored)
> mkdir -p /var/lib/asterisk/sounds/rpt
> cp -a sounds/* /var/lib/asterisk/sounds
> [root at AST_2378_WAJ astsrc]#
>
> I upgrade the node with the following :
>
> cd /usr/src
> rm -rf astsrc
> wget http://x.allstarlink.org/svn-trunk.tar.gz -O- | tar xzv
> mv trunk astsrc
> cd astsrc
> make upgrade-acid
>
> any ideas?
>
> Jon VA3RQ
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users 		 	   		
> -------------- next part --------------
> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
> URL:<http://ohnosec.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20110514/7e57cdc1/attachment.html>
>
> ------------------------------
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
> End of App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 27, Issue 7
> ********************************************
>



More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list