[App_rpt-users] ACID Boot Error Help Request
kb2ear at kb2ear.net
Fri Feb 3 12:02:45 EST 2012
Try this first..
1. Boot from CentOS installation disc (for example, CD #1 or DVD).
2. For CentOS-4 or CentOS-5 type "linux rescue" at the "boot:" prompt.
For CentOS-6 pick "Rescue installed system" from the boot menu.
3. Mount all filesystems in read-write mode.
4. Change root to real root ('/') on your hard disk:
5. # chroot /mnt/sysimage
6. Re-install bootstrap code (GRUB).
* If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on a SCSI or SATA disk
o # grub-install /dev/sda
* If you wish to re-install GRUB to the PBR of Partition #2 on a SCSI
or SATA disk (/dev/sda2):
o # grub-install /dev/sda2
* If you wish to re-install GRUB to the MBR on an IDE disk (/dev/hda):
o # grub-install /dev/hda
From: app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org
[mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of John (WB5NFC)
Sent: Friday, February 03, 2012 11:21 AM
To: app_rpt list
Subject: [App_rpt-users] ACID Boot Error Help Request
My trusty Acid server bit the dust last week. This is full-size Dell with
plenty of horsepower and a quad radio interface, not my BeagleBoard.
The computer goes through POST with no errors reported, then:
grub loading stage 2
GNU grub V0.97
[Minimal BASH-like line editing supported.
I think this happened after a brief power outage, but I'm not sure. Just
just noticed the nodes were down and then found a computer that would not
Suggestions for troubleshooting, please?
John / WB5NFC
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the App_rpt-users