[App_rpt-users] G707 Remote Base Locking Up on URI

Monty monty at ke7jvx.com
Tue Jun 11 23:40:47 EDT 2013


Hi Kyle,

I fixed the syntax error, still no joy.  I did have a usbradio node and the
707 on simpleusb, so I migrated the 707 to usbradio and removed all the
simpleusb configs, still no joy.  Any other ideas?

Monty


On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM, K&R Yoksh <yokshs at gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello Monty,
> While not specific to the remote operation, I see one thing that might
> make app_rpt lose it's mind.
>
> The rxchannel parameter is very picky about syntax, especially the upper
> and lower case letters. The correct format is:
>
> rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb1010
>
> Another thing I've learned is to never (NEVER) have usbradio.conf and
> simpleusb.conf exist in /etc/asterisk at the same time. This will
> confuse app_rpt at the least, or crash it altogether.
>
> 73,
>
> Kyle Yoksh
> K0KN
> Olathe, KS
> Allstar 2210-2219
> --- Original Message ---Hello Everyone,
>
>
> I have tried two Kenwood G707s with three of Jim's URI Adapter cards and
> two URIs on two different computers.  I am able to get three or four
> commands (freq, pl tone, etc) then I will get Allison saying "Invalid
> Frequency" and the CLI shows:
>
> "WARNING[7925]: app_rpt.c:13876 serial_remote_io: -99999 Serial device not
> responding on node 1010"
>
> The radio will not steer or accept commands anymore until I power cycle the
> 707.  The after power cycle three or four commands and will not steer
> again.  I have tried the same computer with a VHF Syntor with an xcat and
> will accept every command without issue.  Also one of my 707s now lives on
> a Quad PCI card and steers with every command without issue.  Has anyone
> else seen this or know the remedy?  Below is my rpt.conf with the URI:
>
> [1010]
> archivedir=/etc/asterisk/qso
> rxchannel = simpleusb/usb1010
> duplex=0
> ioport = /dev/ttyS0
> remote = kenwood
> authlevel = 1
> memory=memory
> remote_inact_timeout=5400
> remote_timeout=5400
> functions=remote-functions
> phone_functions=remote-**functions
> link_functions=remote-**functions
> ______________________________**_________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/**mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users<http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20130611/c058196b/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list