[App_rpt-users] G707 Remote Base Locking Up on URI

Jeff Carrier k0jsc.jeff at gmail.com
Wed Jun 12 01:15:03 EDT 2013


I have the same issue.  First with a home brew interface so I searched hi
and low for the "actual" interface board with the same issue as Kirk
describes.

De k0jsc
On Jun 11, 2013 9:41 PM, "Monty" <monty at ke7jvx.com> wrote:

> Hi Kyle,
>
> I fixed the syntax error, still no joy.  I did have a usbradio node and
> the 707 on simpleusb, so I migrated the 707 to usbradio and removed all the
> simpleusb configs, still no joy.  Any other ideas?
>
> Monty
>
>
> On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM, K&R Yoksh <yokshs at gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello Monty,
>> While not specific to the remote operation, I see one thing that might
>> make app_rpt lose it's mind.
>>
>> The rxchannel parameter is very picky about syntax, especially the upper
>> and lower case letters. The correct format is:
>>
>> rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb1010
>>
>> Another thing I've learned is to never (NEVER) have usbradio.conf and
>> simpleusb.conf exist in /etc/asterisk at the same time. This will
>> confuse app_rpt at the least, or crash it altogether.
>>
>> 73,
>>
>> Kyle Yoksh
>> K0KN
>> Olathe, KS
>> Allstar 2210-2219
>> --- Original Message ---Hello Everyone,
>>
>>
>> I have tried two Kenwood G707s with three of Jim's URI Adapter cards and
>> two URIs on two different computers.  I am able to get three or four
>> commands (freq, pl tone, etc) then I will get Allison saying "Invalid
>> Frequency" and the CLI shows:
>>
>> "WARNING[7925]: app_rpt.c:13876 serial_remote_io: -99999 Serial device not
>> responding on node 1010"
>>
>> The radio will not steer or accept commands anymore until I power cycle
>> the
>> 707.  The after power cycle three or four commands and will not steer
>> again.  I have tried the same computer with a VHF Syntor with an xcat and
>> will accept every command without issue.  Also one of my 707s now lives on
>> a Quad PCI card and steers with every command without issue.  Has anyone
>> else seen this or know the remedy?  Below is my rpt.conf with the URI:
>>
>> [1010]
>> archivedir=/etc/asterisk/qso
>> rxchannel = simpleusb/usb1010
>> duplex=0
>> ioport = /dev/ttyS0
>> remote = kenwood
>> authlevel = 1
>> memory=memory
>> remote_inact_timeout=5400
>> remote_timeout=5400
>> functions=remote-functions
>> phone_functions=remote-**functions
>> link_functions=remote-**functions
>> ______________________________**_________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/**mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users<http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users>
>>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20130611/0f29fee1/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list