[App_rpt-users] G707 Remote Base Locking Up on URI

Jim Duuuude telesistant at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 19:39:39 EDT 2013


Yes.. I've already made it clear several times that the TM-G707A has some SERIOUS ISSUES
with using its (unsupported, because they never got it working) serial control protocol.
We have been dickering around with this for YEARS now and still dont have 100% reliability
with it. 

Come up with a way to remotely power it off.

Jim


Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2013 16:35:14 -0700
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] G707 Remote Base Locking Up on URI
From: monty at ke7jvx.com
To: telesistant at hotmail.com
CC: app_rpt-users at ohnosec.org

Any ideas Jim?
Monty
On Jun 14, 2013 7:30 AM, "Jeff Carrier" <k0jsc.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:

Mine too, exact same situation.  I have to drop the power supply on the G7 to reset it.  That's not conducive to "mountain top" operation so it's still on the bench.
 
K0JSC


On Wed, Jun 12, 2013 at 12:36 PM, Kirk <wb6egr at gmail.com> wrote:



Thats not whats occuring with mine, the radio actually goes dark or stops answering the controller. Sometimes it will continue to TX/RX on the last frequency....  *2 *3 makes no differance

Sent from my piece of Crap I-Phone... I feel a Samsung 4 is in my near future 



On Jun 12, 2013, at 7:44 AM, "Scott Weis" <kb2ear at kb2ear.net> wrote:






Try this, as it has been working for me for a while.  
 
Instead of connecting to the remote base with a *3 connect with a *2.  You should be able to control the radio until the cows come home. Then do a *3 to talk on the specific channel.  I have found that as soon as the radio TXs I am unable to control it any more.


 
Also I find the once I can’t control the G707 any more I do a *1 and disconnect then a *2 again and all is well again.


 
I’ve been meaning to talk to Jim about this bug..  
 
Scott
 
From: app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at ohnosec.org] On Behalf Of Jeff Carrier


Sent: Wednesday, June 12, 2013 1:15 AM
To: Monty
Cc: app_rpt mailing list; K&R Yoksh
Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] G707 Remote Base Locking Up on URI
 
I have the same issue.  First with a home brew interface so I searched hi and low for the "actual" interface board with the same issue as Kirk describes.

De k0jsc


On Jun 11, 2013 9:41 PM, "Monty" <monty at ke7jvx.com> wrote:
Hi Kyle,

 

I fixed the syntax error, still no joy.  I did have a usbradio node and the 707 on simpleusb, so I migrated the 707 to usbradio and removed all the simpleusb configs, still no joy.  Any other ideas?




Monty
 

On Tue, Jun 11, 2013 at 6:42 PM, K&R Yoksh <yokshs at gmail.com> wrote:
Hello Monty,
While not specific to the remote operation, I see one thing that might make app_rpt lose it's mind.

The rxchannel parameter is very picky about syntax, especially the upper and lower case letters. The correct format is:



rxchannel=SimpleUSB/usb1010

Another thing I've learned is to never (NEVER) have usbradio.conf and simpleusb.conf exist in /etc/asterisk at the same time. This will
confuse app_rpt at the least, or crash it altogether.



73,

Kyle Yoksh
K0KN
Olathe, KS
Allstar 2210-2219
--- Original Message ---Hello Everyone,




I have tried two Kenwood G707s with three of Jim's URI Adapter cards and
two URIs on two different computers.  I am able to get three or four
commands (freq, pl tone, etc) then I will get Allison saying "Invalid


Frequency" and the CLI shows:

"WARNING[7925]: app_rpt.c:13876 serial_remote_io: -99999 Serial device not
responding on node 1010"

The radio will not steer or accept commands anymore until I power cycle the


707.  The after power cycle three or four commands and will not steer
again.  I have tried the same computer with a VHF Syntor with an xcat and
will accept every command without issue.  Also one of my 707s now lives on


a Quad PCI card and steers with every command without issue.  Has anyone
else seen this or know the remedy?  Below is my rpt.conf with the URI:

[1010]
archivedir=/etc/asterisk/qso
rxchannel = simpleusb/usb1010


duplex=0
ioport = /dev/ttyS0
remote = kenwood
authlevel = 1
memory=memory
remote_inact_timeout=5400
remote_timeout=5400
functions=remote-functions
phone_functions=remote-functions
link_functions=remote-functions 




_______________________________________________
App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users


 

_______________________________________________
App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org


http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users

_______________________________________________
App_rpt-users mailing list
App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users




 		 	   		  
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20130622/6b986c41/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list