[App_rpt-users] Dial Watchdog Function

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sat Dec 12 13:01:52 EST 2015


Ken,
As I posted below I could not recreate your issue. is there anything I'm 
missing?

73, Steve

root at repeater:~# asterisk -r
Asterisk 1519, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' 
for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it 
under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1519 currently running on repeater (pid = 4407)
repeater*CLI> rpt cmd 2150 cop 1 2150
repeater*CLI> Killed

root at repeater:~# service asterisk restart
root at repeater:~# asterisk -r
Asterisk 1519, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' 
for details.
This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General Public
License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute it 
under
certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
=========================================================================
Connected to Asterisk 1519 currently running on repeater (pid = 4462)
repeater*CLI>



On 12/12/2015 11:50 AM, Kenneth Grimard wrote:
> I download the dial release and installed it just after is first came out
> that was about 4 weeks ago.
>
> now if asterisk crash for any reason or if you use the cop,1 cop command
> it will not restart is self at all. you have to go into an ssh shell 
> and issue a
> service asterisk stop then a service asterisk start.
>
> the service asterisk restart does not work for me on the x86 release.
>
> there seems to be no way for asterisk to restart itself after a crash
> or after using the cop,1 cop command.
>
> has there been any updates to the asterisk service command
> for systemd to fix this?
>
> ken n1dot
>
>
>
> On 12/12/2015 7:16 AM, Steve Zingman wrote:
>> Neil,
>> I misread your message last night.
>> I just tested service asterisk restart on DIAL x86 restarts a dead 
>> asterisk. See below.
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# ps ax | grep asterisk
>>  1081 ?        Ssl    0:01 /usr/sbin/asterisk
>>  1117 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep asterisk
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# kill -9 1081
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# ps ax | grep asterisk
>>  1125 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep asterisk
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# asterisk -r
>> Asterisk 1519, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
>> Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
>> Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' 
>> for details.
>> This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General 
>> Public
>> License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute 
>> it under
>> certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
>> =========================================================================
>> Unable to connect to remote asterisk (does /var/run/asterisk.ctl exist?)
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# service asterisk restart
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# ps ax | grep asterisk
>>  1143 ?        Ssl    0:00 /usr/sbin/asterisk
>>  1171 pts/0    S+     0:00 grep asterisk
>>
>> root at repeater:/etc/init.d# asterisk -r
>> Asterisk 1519, Copyright (C) 1999 - 2008 Digium, Inc. and others.
>> Created by Mark Spencer <markster at digium.com>
>> Asterisk comes with ABSOLUTELY NO WARRANTY; type 'core show warranty' 
>> for details.
>> This is free software, with components licensed under the GNU General 
>> Public
>> License version 2 and other licenses; you are welcome to redistribute 
>> it under
>> certain conditions. Type 'core show license' for details.
>> =========================================================================
>> Connected to Asterisk 1519 currently running on repeater (pid = 1143)
>> repeater*CLI>
>>
>> 73, Steve N4IRS
>>
>> On 12/12/2015 12:44 AM, Neil k8it wrote:
>>> Steve
>>> I have been evaluating Dial on a Linux PC
>>> Observations
>>> 1. When asterisk crashes, there is no restart or watchdog
>>> 2.this makes debugging very difficult
>>> 3.asterisk service mode restart does not seem to work
>>> 4. in this mode remote SSH to restart is not possible
>>> Do you have any fixes planned?
>>> Thanks
>>> 73 Neil Sablatzky  K8IT
>>> Allstar Node 41838 KITLINK
>>> Allstar Node 42087 KITLINK HUB
>>> IRLP Node exp0068
>>> Echolink K8IT-L
>>> WIRES-X K8IT 11479 Room 21479
>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>
>>>>>>>>>     _______________________________________________
>>>>>>>>>     .
>>>>>>
>>
>> -- 
>> "Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
>> 1st Law of Logic
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
>> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visithttp://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users  and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
>
> <https://www.avast.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 
> 	This email has been sent from a virus-free computer protected by Avast.
> www.avast.com 
> <https://www.avast.com/?utm_medium=email&utm_source=link&utm_campaign=sig-email&utm_content=emailclient> 
>
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at ohnosec.org
> http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://ohnosec.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

-- 
"Anything is possible if you don't know what you are talking about."
1st Law of Logic

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20151212/5f66181b/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list