[App_rpt-users] App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 101, Issue 10

Bryan D. Boyle bdboyle at bdboyle.com
Mon Jul 10 10:10:45 EDT 2017


I would be all for it; IIRC the XIPR release supports it, so it is doable.  

I know a lot of the *ahem* experienced rigs don't have the capability (TR-22c with an add-on ctcss board, anyone?), but seems to me that most modern rigs of any consequence (even the cheap asia-pacific rim units have it) will be able to support it.

FWIW, I have DCS set up on the analog side of my DR1x on my 2m pair, and It works, on baofeng, wouxuns, kenwood, Yaesu, and batwing ht and mobiles just fine.

--
Bryan
Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this message.



> On Jul 10, 2017, at 09:50, Jeff Carrier <k0jsc.jeff at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> How many on the list would desire DPL support within app_rpt?  Is it worth looking at?  I'm pretty sure this has come up in the past.  For the record, I ask this knowing I'm unable to contribute to the coding of this since I lack that skill set.  
> 
> I personally prefer DPL but I think there are still many older radios lurking that don't have capabilities beyond CTCSS.  
> 
> I also know we've had pretty spirited discussions regarding simulcast on the list.  I'm simulcasting from 4 sites on UHF with unmodified RTCM's and do have some issues in the overlap areas.  I know keeping CTCSS in phase in an analog simulcast system is a challenge so how ugly would DPL be in a simulcast environment?
> 
> Thoughts?
> 
> de K0JSC
> 
>> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 2:09 PM, <app_rpt-users-request at lists.allstarlink.org> wrote:
>> Send App_rpt-users mailing list submissions to
>>         app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> 
>> To subscribe or unsubscribe via the World Wide Web, visit
>>         http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> or, via email, send a message with subject or body 'help' to
>>         app_rpt-users-request at lists.allstarlink.org
>> 
>> You can reach the person managing the list at
>>         app_rpt-users-owner at lists.allstarlink.org
>> 
>> When replying, please edit your Subject line so it is more specific
>> than "Re: Contents of App_rpt-users digest..."
>> 
>> This site is dedicated to the memory of Jim Dixon WB6NIL
>> 
>> 
>> Today's Topics:
>> 
>>    1. Re: DIAL Download site (dvswitch.org) offline (Steve Zingman)
>>    2. Re: OFF-LIST Looks like I can't post no more on a ARM mailing
>>       list. (David Shaw)
>>    3. Re: OFF-LIST Looks like I can't post no more on a ARM mailing
>>       list. (Andrew Sylthe)
>> 
>> 
>> ----------------------------------------------------------------------
>> 
>> Message: 1
>> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 15:13:01 -0400
>> From: Steve Zingman <szingman at msgstor.com>
>> To: Users of Asterisk app_rpt <app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] DIAL Download site (dvswitch.org) offline
>> Message-ID: <355bb3bf-b2e0-bba7-d932-8023e49602f4 at msgstor.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="windows-1252"; Format="flowed"
>> 
>> The AllStarLink image files are now available at
>> <http://3102.repeater.net/AllStarLink/> thanks to Corey N3FE The
>> download links have been updated to point to the new location.
>> Thanks to Mike KB8ZGL at Virtual Systems, I am moving dvswitch.org and
>> the AllStarLink image mirror to a new state of the art data center. The
>> new IP address is  for dvswitch.org is 44.103.32.18 I will be moving the
>> DNS entries and adding the mirror of the image files. This will be a
>> work in progress over the next week.
>> 
>> On 07/08/2017 11:53 PM, Steve Zingman wrote:
>> > As I said before, DVSwitch is having a outage. I am changing
>> > providers. In the future we will maintain 2 different DownLoad locations.
>> > In the meantime, Corey, N3FE has donated space on a solid provider.
>> > The main AllStarLink page will be updated. In the meantime here is one
>> > of the new locations:
>> >
>> > <http://3102.repeater.net/AllStarLink/>
>> >
>> > 73, Steve N4IRS
>> 
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170709/6b35c93c/attachment-0001.html>
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> 
>> Message: 2
>> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 12:59:15 -0700
>> From: David Shaw <shawpbx at gmail.com>
>> To: Users of Asterisk app_rpt <app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] OFF-LIST Looks like I can't post no more
>>         on a ARM mailing list.
>> Message-ID:
>>         <CAH4RvbK5qe0OB-02WTHRn50fHo7i37+dpUD1dp9GOCMWmFayBQ at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>> 
>> Who's Source code? Just asking.
>> 
>> David
>> KE6UPI
>> 
>> 
>> 
>> --
>> Thanks, David
>> 
>> "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither
>> inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for
>> the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage
>> than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater
>> confidence than an armed one."
>> Thomas Jefferson
>> 
>> On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Bryan D. Boyle <bdboyle at bdboyle.com> wrote:
>> 
>> > send the email chain with all the insults and legal threats, their public
>> > refusal to release the source, and all correspondence to the Open Source
>> > Foundation, whose GPL the source was originally licensed under.  Jim had an
>> > opinion about people like that...which is why he fought to keep it open
>> > source.
>> >
>> > That's what their lawyers' job is; you aren't going to fight their massive
>> > self-reverential egos over there.
>> >
>> > (and I really don't care whether they ban me for telling it like I see it)
>> > --
>> > Bryan
>> > Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this
>> > message.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > On Jul 9, 2017, at 13:35, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
>> >
>> > I'm taking this back on list.  It's an important enough response to have it
>> > here.  You may ignore this thread if you wish.
>> >
>> > On 7/9/17 1:21 PM, David McGough wrote:
>> >
>> >
>> > Neil,
>> >
>> >
>> > I have taken these comments off list.
>> >
>> >
>> > At this point you are taking a childish argument to a criminal level,
>> >
>> > claiming a "back door" into the hamvoip distro and that statement is
>> >
>> > absolutely a LIE.
>> >
>> >
>> > With these statements you are committing criminal libel. Whether you you
>> >
>> > it or not, I am an Internet Business owner and I build custom routers for
>> >
>> > several fortune 1000 Companies and have thousands installed across 80+
>> >
>> > Countries. Your comments are tarnishing to my reputation. I seriously
>> >
>> > recommend that you either promptly come up with proof to back up your
>> >
>> > statement or retract it.
>> >
>> >
>> > A person with such contempt for the law should not be lecturing others
>> > about
>> > it. I further fail to see why I am copied on this, are you threatening
>> > legal
>> > action?
>> >
>> > Release the source, you have no other option.
>> >
>> > As someone building routers, you should be familiar with the finer points
>> > of
>> > the GPL.  I have to say, as someone who also has a day job with a company
>> > who
>> > builds routers, I've never heard of Internet Technologies.
>> >
>> > 73's
>> > --
>> > Bryan Fields
>> >
>> > 727-409-1194 <(727)%20409-1194> - Voice
>> > http://bryanfields.net
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > App_rpt-users mailing list
>> > App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> > http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/
>> > cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> > the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> > options button"
>> > You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> > confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> > the list detailing the problem.
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > App_rpt-users mailing list
>> > App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> > http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/
>> > cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> > the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> > options button"
>> > You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> > confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> > the list detailing the problem.
>> >
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170709/d42ad61c/attachment-0001.html>
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> 
>> Message: 3
>> Date: Sun, 9 Jul 2017 15:09:13 -0500
>> From: Andrew Sylthe <asylthe at kc9ona.com>
>> To: Users of Asterisk app_rpt <app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] OFF-LIST Looks like I can't post no more
>>         on a ARM mailing list.
>> Message-ID:
>>         <CAMbt3dva5PVZgpc_JpTAWpRS+hcNiGBVD=2qe3pSzJrR2tObsw at mail.gmail.com>
>> Content-Type: text/plain; charset="utf-8"
>> 
>> The source code for Asterisk, DAHDI, app_rpt, and probably others...
>> 
>> On Jul 9, 2017 2:59 PM, "David Shaw" <shawpbx at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> > Who's Source code? Just asking.
>> >
>> > David
>> > KE6UPI
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks, David
>> >
>> > "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither
>> > inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for
>> > the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage
>> > than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater
>> > confidence than an armed one."
>> > Thomas Jefferson
>> >
>> > On Sun, Jul 9, 2017 at 11:15 AM, Bryan D. Boyle <bdboyle at bdboyle.com>
>> > wrote:
>> >
>> >> send the email chain with all the insults and legal threats, their public
>> >> refusal to release the source, and all correspondence to the Open Source
>> >> Foundation, whose GPL the source was originally licensed under.  Jim had an
>> >> opinion about people like that...which is why he fought to keep it open
>> >> source.
>> >>
>> >> That's what their lawyers' job is; you aren't going to fight their
>> >> massive self-reverential egos over there.
>> >>
>> >> (and I really don't care whether they ban me for telling it like I see it)
>> >> --
>> >> Bryan
>> >> Sent from my iPhone 6S...No electrons were harmed in the sending of this
>> >> message.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> On Jul 9, 2017, at 13:35, Bryan Fields <Bryan at bryanfields.net> wrote:
>> >>
>> >> I'm taking this back on list.  It's an important enough response to have
>> >> it
>> >> here.  You may ignore this thread if you wish.
>> >>
>> >> On 7/9/17 1:21 PM, David McGough wrote:
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> Neil,
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> I have taken these comments off list.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> At this point you are taking a childish argument to a criminal level,
>> >>
>> >> claiming a "back door" into the hamvoip distro and that statement is
>> >>
>> >> absolutely a LIE.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> With these statements you are committing criminal libel. Whether you you
>> >>
>> >> it or not, I am an Internet Business owner and I build custom routers for
>> >>
>> >> several fortune 1000 Companies and have thousands installed across 80+
>> >>
>> >> Countries. Your comments are tarnishing to my reputation. I seriously
>> >>
>> >> recommend that you either promptly come up with proof to back up your
>> >>
>> >> statement or retract it.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> A person with such contempt for the law should not be lecturing others
>> >> about
>> >> it. I further fail to see why I am copied on this, are you threatening
>> >> legal
>> >> action?
>> >>
>> >> Release the source, you have no other option.
>> >>
>> >> As someone building routers, you should be familiar with the finer points
>> >> of
>> >> the GPL.  I have to say, as someone who also has a day job with a company
>> >> who
>> >> builds routers, I've never heard of Internet Technologies.
>> >>
>> >> 73's
>> >> --
>> >> Bryan Fields
>> >>
>> >> 727-409-1194 <(727)%20409-1194> - Voice
>> >> http://bryanfields.net
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> >> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> >> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> >>
>> >> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/c
>> >> gi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> >> the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> >> options button"
>> >> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> >> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> >> the list detailing the problem.
>> >>
>> >>
>> >> _______________________________________________
>> >> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> >> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> >> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> >>
>> >> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/c
>> >> gi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> >> the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> >> options button"
>> >> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> >> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> >> the list detailing the problem.
>> >>
>> >
>> >
>> > _______________________________________________
>> > App_rpt-users mailing list
>> > App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> > http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> >
>> > To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/
>> > cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> > the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> > options button"
>> > You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> > confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> > the list detailing the problem.
>> >
>> -------------- next part --------------
>> An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
>> URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170709/12eca94b/attachment.html>
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> 
>> Subject: Digest Footer
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> 
>> 
>> ------------------------------
>> 
>> End of App_rpt-users Digest, Vol 101, Issue 10
>> **********************************************
> 
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170710/c040aba5/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list