[App_rpt-users] RTCM Simulcast Manual

Joe Moskalski kc2irv at gmail.com
Wed May 10 19:45:57 EDT 2017


A big thank you to Lee Woldanski for the Wiki suggestion. I have created a
Wiki page and I am working on populating it with information. I only have a
few pages written but I can tell that this is not the small task I though
it was. In my opinion that is a good thing since I want to populate it with
as much information as I possibly can. Once I get a decent amount of
information into the wiki I will release the link out to the list.
Thank you to all those who responded with interest. If anyone has any
questions about anything I have done i am more than willing to share.

On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 1:14 PM, Joe Moskalski <kc2irv at gmail.com> wrote:

> A wiki sounds like an excellent idea, I will have to read about how they
> are setup.
>
> On Tue, May 9, 2017 at 11:48 AM, Lee Woldanski <ve7fet at tparc.org> wrote:
>
>> Always interested in more information/tips/tricks.
>>
>> Perhaps getting it published on the Wiki might be a good place for it,
>> then other contributors can chime in too.
>>
>>
>> Lee
>>
>> On Mon, May 8, 2017 at 8:09 PM, Joe Moskalski <kc2irv at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> I know 99.999 percent of you on this list don't know who I am. Only that
>>> I post things rarely about what I have been doing with my RTCM based
>>> simulcast system. Drawing on my own experiences and struggles with
>>> simulcast using the RTCM units, I was thinking of writing a document/manual
>>> on that subject specifically. I have my own notes and such that help me but
>>> I know how inconsistent the information is pertaining to RTCM simulcast
>>> that is out there. I thought that writing a complete document would help
>>> others get up and running more quickly and help people better understand
>>> that portion of the system. The main points I want to cover is radio and
>>> frequency reference equipment selection, Simulcast theory, RTCM
>>> configuration and setup, network requirements, level setting/adjustments
>>> and troubleshooting. There of course will be much more but those are the
>>> big subjects I would like to at least start out with.
>>>  The big question is will it be worth it to this community? I am looking
>>> for feedback mainly from those who have implemented RTCM simulcast or want
>>> to. Of course anyone interested in it in general is more than welcome. If
>>> anyone would like to share their experiences or share their opinion on this
>>> idea you can email me directly at kc2irv at gmail.com
>>>
>>> _______________________________________________
>>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>>
>>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit
>>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and
>>> scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press
>>> the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>>> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>>> the list detailing the problem.
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Lee Woldanski, AScT
>> VE7FET
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/c
>> gi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of
>> the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit
>> options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email
>> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to
>> the list detailing the problem.
>>
>
>
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170510/3ccd4d8a/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list