[App_rpt-users] DIAL firsttime questions

Steve Zingman szingman at msgstor.com
Sat May 27 06:06:03 EDT 2017


Bob,
FQDN is Fully Qualified Domain Name. Consider lsmft.google.com, That is 
the FQDN of a host lsmft in the google domain. so:
hostname = lsmft
domain name = google.com
FQDN = lsmft.google.com

73, Steve N4IRS

On 05/27/2017 06:01 AM, Bob Pyke wrote:
> I assume we are talking about the domain name, which in my case can be 
> changed by my ISP, and has. Then FQDN would be?
>
> Thanks,
> Bob
> k6ecm
> 73
>
> Sent from iPad
>
>
> On May 26, 2017, at 7:28 PM, David Shaw <shawpbx at gmail.com 
> <mailto:shawpbx at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> It would be the public side of your router.
>>
>> David
>>
>>
>>
>>
>> --
>> Thanks, David
>>
>> "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are 
>> neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make 
>> things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they 
>> serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man 
>> may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
>> Thomas Jefferson
>>
>> On Fri, May 26, 2017 at 6:24 PM, Bob <k6ecm1 at gmail.com 
>> <mailto:k6ecm1 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>>     I'm not familiar with "Domain Name" and FQDN when running
>>     firsttime. Is the
>>     DN the IP address of my router, and the FQDN the RPi IP address?
>>
>>     Thanks,
>>     Bob
>>
>>
>>     _______________________________________________
>>     App_rpt-users mailing list
>>     App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>>     <mailto:App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>>     http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>     <http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users>
>>
>>     To unsubscribe from this list please visit
>>     http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>     <http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users>
>>     and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email
>>     address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>>     You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via
>>     email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please
>>     send a message to the list detailing the problem. 
>>
>>
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org 
>> <mailto:App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>>
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit 
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users 
>> and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address 
>> and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email 
>> confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a 
>> message to the list detailing the problem.
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.

-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170527/399d1331/attachment-0001.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list