[App_rpt-users] RPi Memory Usage

Bob Pyke k6ecm1 at gmail.com
Mon Sep 4 13:52:31 EDT 2017


Understand. My time is worth far more than a cheep card. The mountain location is a way off :-)

Thanks,
Bob

Sent from my iPhone

> On Sep 4, 2017, at 10:30 AM, David Shaw <shawpbx at gmail.com> wrote:
> 
> As for the re-writes. The only thing I can think of would be the ASL logs. You can use a USB stick and mount it. Then point ASL log's to the USB stick. But, I would check with the card manufacturer on the re-write limit. I can say I have had no problems if card failing do to re-writes. If you have a good card go for it. If you have a cheap card. Go out and get a good one. I have a RASPBX running for 3 years and no problems.
> 
> David
> 
> 
> 
> --
> Thanks, David
> 
> "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
> Thomas Jefferson
> 
>> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 9:03 AM, Bob <k6ecm1 at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Thanks David, great link!
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> Bob
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> From: App_rpt-users [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at lists.allstarlink.org] On Behalf Of David Shaw
>> Sent: Monday, September 04, 2017 6:46 AM
>> To: Users of Asterisk app_rpt
>> Subject: Re: [App_rpt-users] RPi Memory Usage
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> I can't remember if its using Rasbian. Try "raspi-config"
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> http://elinux.org/RPi_raspi-config
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> David
>> 
>> KE6UPI
>> 
>> 
>> 
>>  
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> --
>> 
>> Thanks, David
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> "Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes. Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed one."
>> 
>> Thomas Jefferson
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> On Mon, Sep 4, 2017 at 6:16 AM, Jeremy Utley <jerutley at gmail.com> wrote:
>> 
>> Sure it's possible.  Can't remember if it inclues the raspi-config tool, but if not, you can run fdisk, change the partition size to use the entire sd card, reboot, then run resize2fs.  However, this isn't always advised, as leaving some unpartitioned space will help the longevity of a SD card.
>> 
>> Jeremy, NQ0M
>> 
>> 
>> -----Original Message-----
>> From: App_rpt-users [mailto:app_rpt-users-bounces at lists.allstarlink.org] On Behalf Of Bob
>> Sent: Sunday, September 3, 2017 9:17 PM
>> To: 'Users of Asterisk app_rpt' <app_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org>
>> Subject: [App_rpt-users] RPi Memory Usage
>> 
>> Is it possible to use the entire MicroSD memory space in the RPi load? It appears I'm only using about 6 GB of 32GB, and I'm not finding fs_resize.
>> 
>> Thanks,
>> Bob
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
>> 
>>  
>> 
>> 
>> _______________________________________________
>> App_rpt-users mailing list
>> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
>> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
>> 
>> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
>> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem. 
> 
> _______________________________________________
> App_rpt-users mailing list
> App_rpt-users at lists.allstarlink.org
> http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users
> 
> To unsubscribe from this list please visit http://lists.allstarlink.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/app_rpt-users and scroll down to the bottom of the page. Enter your email address and press the "Unsubscribe or edit options button"
> You do not need a password to unsubscribe, you can do it via email confirmation. If you have trouble unsubscribing, please send a message to the list detailing the problem.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <http://lists.allstarlink.org/pipermail/app_rpt-users/attachments/20170904/4ee80614/attachment.html>


More information about the App_rpt-users mailing list