Installed a new PC but no audio on radio

Been a long time since I have modified stuff so here goes. I tried moving a hard drive to a new computer and of course it would not work because a different network interface . So I installed the beta and have set it up and all seems fine until I check the tune mode and it indicates no audio appearing on audio in line. The noise level set works fine and the transmit works fine when ID. Just radio audio in from the radio is missing but my computer next to it with the old system all is fine. I know it has to be in the setup for audio But any suggestions what section may have code set wrong. Node 29652 Thanks for any suggestions.

Am I assuming correct that this is a simplex node ? you didn’t mention it.

What is the duplexmode = ? -rpt.conf

So, you do in fact have a PTT and TX when it’s suppose to ? Just no audio when the tx is up ?

Hi Mike, yes it is in simplex mode and the transmitter keys up to ID when I start allstarlink . When I run radio tune I see that there is no audio coming in because the display shows nothing . Strange and like I said I go to my old computer and it works fine. It is like there is a point somewhere in the files that does not handle the audio in. Thaks

What is the duplexmode = ? -in rpt.conf

Duplexmode=1 in rpt.conf … I have found that the other computer uses rxchannel = Radio/usb_29652 ; USBRadio (DSP) and I suspect that is the problem. Seems that when it was originally set up it used it for the audio in situation. I appreciate the help but going to pause the new allstarlink computer until I see more as there are other changes that would have to be made by looks of it. I was curious though. When I loaded allstarlink 2.0 I did not see how to change that default password from allstarlink as it does not immediately ask me to change it. Did I miss something? Thanks all.

As a followup the original uses the dsp mode and needed an extra files but I see that I am unable to add a file pi.conf because it seems I do not have access using the normal logon mode. Not sure why I do not see a root mode for the allstarlink 2.0 beta so may have to look closer . To all thanks and I will see if I can get that mode to make changes I need for the dsp mode. Steve

Ok, I was able to take the data from the usbradio.conf file and now I got it working I want to thank everyone for the patience as I would of been in crcles if you hadn’t ask me questions.

I do have a question though. When I installed allstarlink beta version 2.0 it has username as repeater and password as allstarlink. I need to change it as you can imagine so if you know please let me know. I also usually have a root name and password to but can’t login like I usually can. Thanks all

This is a function of the operating system.

sudo passwd root

Follow prompt

Thank you and will give it a try. Again thanks.